NTLDR is missing :| :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK put a copy of a XP cd in a drive an boot from that folow all the steps an enter the recovery console select the primary drive or partition an enter your admin password (default is blank) an then type chkdsk /r that should fix the situation.

This is not a total fix for all windows errors but it can fix quite a few of them.

we don't have an admin password , so we kept the default as blank ..

and whn we pressed enter..
we got C:/windows>
then WE TYPED .. wht u told me to .. which was chkdsk/r

but then it says "this command is not recognized"

pleaseee help, chris.

chris we're following ur steps.. but .. there are a few probs..
the Chkdsk/r thing is not working.

You have to have the space inbetween the "chkdsk" and the "/r"

So it looks like "chkdsk /r" (without the quotes).

Meg, Do you have another computer with XP on it? If not, do you have another computer period? What are you using now?

ohhh okayyy ^. thanks!

it's doing something wrong..

it's showing us the % of how much it's completed.. but it goes to 60% and then 70% .. then back to 50% .. and it just goes all over the place..

we've been waiting on the completeing of da % for more than half an hour now.

is this how it's supposed to be?

Ok, right click on my computer on the notebook and chose explore, click tools, folder option, view, under hidden files and folders, click show hidden files and folders, on the next line uncheck hidden extensions blah, blah blah, then go to the root of C: and you should see the file ntldr, right click on it and send it to a floppy or cd-r , use what ever option you have. now put the floppy into the errored pc and try to get it to a dos prompt. once there copy what is on the floppy or whatever media you can use and paste it on the root of c:
Once done, at the dos prompt type windows and it should boot up or ask you to reboot.

or

follow this and do what it says and then do it on the pc in error.

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash

ohhh okayyy ^. thanks!

it's doing something wrong..

it's showing us the % of how much it's completed.. but it goes to 60% and then 70% .. then back to 50% .. and it just goes all over the place..

we've been waiting on the completeing of da % for more than half an hour now.

is this how it's supposed to be?

Yes. There are several stages involved.

Speaking of which, I'm performing a 'chkdsk /r' on a hard drive at the moment. It's just finished. It took just over 5 hours to complete! There were loads of corrected errors.

Ok, right click on my computer on the notebook and chose explore, click tools, folder option, view, under hidden files and folders, click show hidden files and folders, on the next line uncheck hidden extensions blah, blah blah, then go to the root of C: and you should see the file ntldr, right click on it and send it to a floppy or cd-r , use what ever option you have. now put the floppy into the errored pc and try to get it to a dos prompt. once there copy what is on the floppy or whatever media you can use and paste it on the root of c:
Once done, at the dos prompt type windows and it should boot up or ask you to reboot.

or

follow this and do what it says and then do it on the pc in error.

Simple "ntldr is missing" fix with boot floppy, CD-R, or USB flash
Mak posted that link already ;).

Also, here's the section to copy it directly off of the CD (via the Recovery Console):
Booting Troubleshooting

^^^ That is linked from the article you and Mak both posted.

you guys, its been a while now..and there are no % showing.. the screen just stays the same.

But it does say ..

window has found and fixed one or more error on the volume

my bro's friend says .. we should just restart it ..and it should work .

is that what we do ? or do we WAIT until it restarts by itself?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom