8800GTX or 9800GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crysis is crap. Its an overhyped game with craptacular code. Look at the improvements that you get with multiple cards in call of duty 4 where the game is programmed properly. Crytek can suck it. They pulled this same stunt with far cry too. Gameplay > pretty graphics that make you buy new equipment.

Crysis is crap. Its an overhyped game with craptacular code. Look at the improvements that you get with multiple cards in call of duty 4 where the game is programmed properly. Crytek can suck it. They pulled this same stunt with far cry too. Gameplay > pretty graphics that make you buy new equipment.

I get it crysis is a mediocre game (or not it doesn't matter) and a memory hog but don't you think there will be games in a few months or a year that will use the same or more resources and use them properly? It may not give US the experience of a game that might come out in 6 months but it does give the video card that experience.

i loved crysis gameplay...

and you don't have to play full quality..

and cod4 single play SUCKED... and the graphics sucked!

AGREED!

Although i agree it's crappy code and you gotta buy like all these expensive gpu's to play it on high, the gameplay owns COD4 simply because cod4 is just like every other fps to me... you run, you shoot, you win.

On crysis, you cloak, you smack, you power up and crush people's throats, you speed boast into there face and then smack them down, you can armor up and just charge in guns blazing... The possibilities are endless...

cod4... everyone has the same experience for the most part.

Oh and go for the 9800 gtx imo.

8800GTX is by no means a weaker card. but for the price/performance i'd jump on a 8800GTS while they are cheap.

BTW I though COD4 and Crysis were both excellent games.

you can still play crysis on high w/ an 8800gt!!! and it still look beautiful!!!! better than any other game out there.. so i don't know what people are complaining about.. everyone complains about very high settings.. so we can't play em... who cares...

and for everyone saying they love gameplay.. then turn around and say crysis sucks cuz they can't play full quality... whats the deal w/ that.. so put it on medium... or high.. you don't gotta play it modded high, or very high...

you can still play crysis on high w/ an 8800gt!!! and it still look beautiful!!!! better than any other game out there.. so i don't know what people are complaining about.. everyone complains about very high settings.. so we can't play em... who cares...

and for everyone saying they love gameplay.. then turn around and say crysis sucks cuz they can't play full quality... whats the deal w/ that.. so put it on medium... or high.. you don't gotta play it modded high, or very high...

my 8800 gt conquered it at 640/950... had to underclock a little case of heat :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom