phenom 9850 BE

Status
Not open for further replies.
great review, but in terms of stock perfomance, yeah it is great competition, but there really isn't the overclocking headroom that intel offers... looks like intel still has the upper hand here tho, but amd is making strides in the budget department, just like their gfx cards.

strange how AMD's manufactoring proccesing aint as good as intel. Not strange but just sucks.

AMD has to roll out those high 2.6ghz+ quads. Then after a year of price cuts, we might see some prices you never would have thought of.

guys....we all know its not going to overclock like the intels. neither i nor the review said anything about overclocking.
outside the box boys, think outside the box...
us overclockers are a very small percentage of PC users. everyday people, ie most people lol, now actually have an AMD alternative to intel that will perform (at stock speeds, like lots and lots of people run them) ON PAR, or at least very closely with the q6600. and in quite a few, it's better (note...the e8*** chips are AWESOME...if they can be found lol). for 50 bucks less, it is the better buy IMO, depending OBVIOUSLY on usage and preference. in a pre-built, i would have absolutely no problem recommending it.
the point i am making, and the article makes even more, is that the new phenoms aren't the disaster they could have been. and may actually get AMD's foot back in the door. 'cos if they had been, we'd all be paying 500 bucks+ for a q6600. no telling how much for a 9300 or 9450...

it's a good chip, it seems...which is good news for us AMD users, as well as AMD.

guys....we all know its not going to overclock like the intels. neither i nor the review said anything about overclocking.
outside the box boys, think outside the box...
us overclockers are a very small percentage of PC users. everyday people, ie most people lol, now actually have an AMD alternative to intel that will perform (at stock speeds, like lots and lots of people run them) ON PAR, or at least very closely with the q6600. and in quite a few, it's better (note...the e8*** chips are AWESOME...if they can be found lol). for 50 bucks less, it is the better buy IMO, depending OBVIOUSLY on usage and preference. in a pre-built, i would have absolutely no problem recommending it.
the point i am making, and the article makes even more, is that the new phenoms aren't the disaster they could have been. and may actually get AMD's foot back in the door. 'cos if they had been, we'd all be paying 500 bucks+ for a q6600. no telling how much for a 9300 or 9450...

it's a good chip, it seems...which is good news for us AMD users, as well as AMD.

i agree, and after reading what u typed, im actually having second thoughts of getting the 9850 BE because it matches the Q6600 somewhat n the Q6600 has dont so well.

well, i know it's actually a consideration for me now...before it really wasn't.
i want a 780a mobo, though, dang it. and who knows when they will show up. supposedly this week maybe??
lol, i guess nvidia was waiting to see if AMD was going to tank.

We already know that its not gonna clock as high as a q6600, so it doesnt need to be stated. But for us guys who have boards that can support it, and dont wanna do a mobo switch its a nice upgrade, provide it can run stable at 2.9ghz

We already know that its not gonna clock as high as a q6600, so it doesnt need to be stated. But for us guys who have boards that can support it, and dont wanna do a mobo switch its a nice upgrade, provide it can run stable at 2.9ghz

have i mentioned that i hate evga?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom