First build, need helping hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
8600gts consumes as much power as the 8800gs because they use that extra power plug

I have another question: would it be a good idea to buy say E2180 instead of Q6600, wait couple of months and then upgrade to that quad or others that might be available by then?

Well all the good quads are out now, and no extra Quads will be coming within a few months (maybe a few weeks though :D)

only thing happening in the next few months are those Quarterly Price Cuts

I think I'll stick with 8600GT; 8800GS is also pretty long, not sure how it would fit in Antec P182.

Yes, I need DVD-RW drive. As to the PSU I'll get 520hx or PC P&C 610
or 550vx depending on the price.

Thanks all for the input!

not sure how it would fit? it will fit just fine. and GS is way better choice than the 86xx anything. if you dont game much, save some money, get a smaller card and then get a 32mb cache hdd :D

pick up a 7900gs then...i think it's the same price as the 8600gt (and performes better) it might even be cheaper then it.

If you live in canada then buy from directcanada or ncix, they are the best for us.

oh.. when you said you weren't from the U.S. i assumed you were from Canada. I am actually part polish..i do not know any good stores that ship to Poland though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom