CPU Fan problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

yangmanrui

Baseband Member
6 months ago I bought Everex GC3502 gPC computer, and the CPU fan is starting to make some noise.
a) How likely is it that the CPU fan stops working?

b) If the fan stops working, how long do you think the computer can run before the CPU (1.5 GHz Via Technologies C7-D processor) is damaged?

Man Rui

what type of noise? sure no wire is very near it? ala playing card in bicycle spokes?

via chip...may not even need it really :D

NO, there is nothing in its way. It is just noisier.
I am also thinking that VIA doesn't need a fan since it is not so powerful, that's why I want to get more opinions.
thanks,

Man RUi

I know the really low end 700mhz VIA processors that are used in carputers use just a heatsink and have no fan, but they get rather warm, it may be best to just grab a fan and strap onto the heatsink to keep it cooled down a bit.

That's what I think I will do - just place a fan on the heat sink. ( My computer cost only $199.00 so, I do not want to invest too much money in it.

thanks,

man rui

what type of noise? sure no wire is very near it? ala playing card in bicycle spokes?

via chip...may not even need it really :D

lol.

...b) If the fan stops working, how long do you think the computer can run before the CPU (1.5 GHz Via Technologies C7-D processor) is damaged?...

I'd imagine it has some kind of thermal protection, so I wouldn't be too worried. Still, I'd have the fan replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom