trouble with keyboard during boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I figured this is the best place for this because it is not a hardware issue. Whenever I have to restart my computer manually by pushing the restart button, when I comes to the screen where it ask how I want to start windows, the keyboard does not work. I also ran memtest86+ today and didn't work for that either. The only way I could stop memtest was manually restarting, probably not good for it. I know it is not the keyboard because I tried 2 different keyboards and both did the same thing. The keyboard works fine once windows has started up. I hooked the keyboard up to different usb ports and no help. Has anybody else had this problem? What could it be? I am using Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit.

The funny thing is I can enter the bios so it must stop working sometime after the bios screen. It works in the bios without trouble. Also you know how you have to push a button to get it to boot from cd, well I have no trouble there either. I can also enter a password to log into windows. So it is somewhere in between where I boot from cd and the windows login screen. This doesn't make sense.

I'm not sure. What section would that be under? I will check that out. If it was disabled, would the keyboard work at all?

The keyboard would work in Windows cause it has its own seperate USB drivers for support. If it is off in the BIOS it wouldnt work anywhere else.

I got it working. I had to enable usb keyboard support. Thanks for the help.

Since usb keyboard support was disabled, I don't understand why it worked in the bios.

I think they use Generic drivers for BIOS support so that if you have USB you can use it. Rather than having to find a PS/2 to USB connector to make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom