Stumped :( - DVD RW Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yek

T.F's Resident Cool Guy...
I have a rather large .iso image file i want to burn to DVD (4.7). I think the file is around 2.4GB.

I'm doing this is my Dell Latitude D610 laptop.
So no sooner to I dig out nero 8 from somewhere and whip it through install.
Heres the problem, apparently i can't burn the DVD?

All the options nero is giving me are just 2, My CD/DVD RW drive (which i selected) or some other image option.

Im beginning to think this is a driver prob as it wont even attempt to boot the disk. (CD R is fine, although i can't fit the 2.4GB on a 700MB disk ;) )

Anyone drop any light on it?

~ Tkey

If its not the full version of nero it wont let you burn iso's. I know i got nero express with my dvdrw and i could only do data dvds and stuff, not iso.

Anyone got any directs to some software that can get this done?

Hello,

...All the options nero is giving me are just 2, My CD/DVD RW drive (which i selected) or some other image option...

A little confused. Which Nero 8 program are you using...Nero Express of Nero Burning ROM? Are you able to open the .iso image file in Nero 8?

It should be as simply as opening the image file in Nero, and choosing the type of medium to burn to...

On the main program window...

84778488ws5.jpg

Or in the 'New Compilation' window...

53857611qz5.jpg

Then after opening the .iso image file, select 'DVD' in the 'Burn Compilation' window...

98818205ds9.jpg

Is it that you can't choose to burn to DVD, as illustrated in the last image?

NeroExpress is junk as i said earlier. So if you are using that, its probably the problem. What version are you using?

I'm using nero DVD Burning ROM ver 8

Alvin that's for the tut. I had CD selected ;), unfortunatly though after selecting DVD from the drop down i still had no luck. It's not detecting the disk in the drive and it just stops on waiting for the drive to be ready ???

Ill give that other app a go that was mentioned a bit futher up.

Cheers, feel free to post up and more suggestions!! ;)

(EDIT: Does this help anyone??)

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 40
sorry I don't know what that error means. I guess your problem is more than just crappy software I think. If both programs are having a problem.....

Could be the media...Can you try burning a cd with Itunes or WMP or something?
Do dvd movies/games read okay?

Sometimes for problems like this if you unscrew the dvd drive from the laptop, slide it out, and reinsert it, it clears up any connection error. It's just 4 screws on the bottom of the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom