Emper0r

Baseband Member
First off here's my specs:

Operating System: Windows XP 64-bit
CPU: Intel Conroe E6600
RAM: 2GB DDR2 800MHz Ram
Video card: Geforce 8800 GTX
Main HD (with Win XP 64bit installed): 150GB 10,000RPM Raptor

As you can see, my computer is more than fast enough to load the desktop pretty much instantly and indeed for the first year or so I had it it did that fine. However now I have two very strange problems:

1. Whenever I shut down my computer and start back up, after the Windows loading screen is done it sits there and shows my wallpaper but nothing related to Windows and sits there for about two minutes before finally loading everything on my desktop

2. Whenever I try to restart Windows it just sits there and doesn't do anything, I can only shut down.

I've tried defragging all my hard drives, I've tried un-installing all unneccesary programs, I've tried cleaning up registry, I've tried shutting down all unnecessary services, and I've done a full blown deep system scan for viruses. At this point I'm running out of ideas. Has anyone heard of a similar problem and a solution? Thanks for any help.

Sounds like it is having a issue with your Profile. It could be getting corrupt.

Sounds like it is having a issue with your Profile. It could be getting corrupt.

So I mean, what can I do about this? Should I just create a new profile? What exactly do you lose when making a new profile? I've never done it before.

Thanks for the reply.

create a new account
take things from old account profile and add them to your new profile --> C:\Documents and Settings\new user name

i suggest doing this 1 folder at time to see if it screws up your new profile.
Folders --> Desktop, Start Menu, My Pictures,
SAVED GAMES!!!!!!!!!

any custom permissions on folders should be set to default or changed to allow the new user in before you delete your old profile.

If you have deleted the old account you cant. If you have not log into that account and use the same method. It should work. I have not tried to import the same profile back to a profile before that was corrupted. So i do not know if it is even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom