Found out something funny with my memory...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So, this is the first time I've ever taken time to really go through and "fine tune" my memory. Sure I've OC'ed RAM before and gone for tighter timings, but not really for the lowest timings possible or highest frequency possible.

I thought I'd run Super PI 1M and see which settings allows me to get the fastest time in 1M

I've read a bunch of articles on low latency vs higher frequency and decided to see the different myself.

1200mhz @ 5-5-5-15 2T got me 14.238

800mhz @ 4-4-3-3 1T got me 14.219

The 400mhz drop but with much all around tighter timings got me the same performance as 1200mhz with looser timings.

Does anyone have any advice for what other programs would be good to test for RAM specifically. Besides the obvious XXMark benchies, Sisoft, etc?

Think it'd be worth it to find a medium and loosen up the timings and increase the frequency a bit? Think finding a medium might increase performance that's worth the time to do so?

EDIT: I should add I'm running Corsair Dominators 2GB DDR2-1066 2.2V, those are the factory settings. I haven't touched the voltage for oc'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom