parts and my budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYbadboy911

In Runtime
help me please-the best of the best

hey guys havent been here for almost 2 years
well im ready to upgrade my pc my budget is $1500 im looking to get something good and something that could be over clocked and good for gaming

i need help picking out parts soo far i have picked memory and cpu please let me know if im doing the right thing!

what motherboared should i go with something good for overclocking there is soo much on the market that i dont know what to pick
soo at the moment i need help with motherboard and video card i wanna take it step by step

1-Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450
Link-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115039&Tpk=Q9450
2-OCZ Platinum 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
Link-http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227244

Hey dude, i was in the same boat as you a few days ago. I was trying to figure out what to get for a budget yet make sure it would last a couple years (Ddr3 for example). Before you build your system you have to ask yourself what do i want for Gaming performance. If You are willing to spend the extra cash later on i would get a Evga 790i Sli mother board. And either buy one awesome card now and Sli it later when u get payed again or buy two cheaper cards and be happy with that. A good example of your choices would be getting 2 9600gt's now and keeping them. Or getting a 9800Gx2 now and puting in another later. Both perform well, but the 9800gx2 in sli is beastly. There is another option and that is wait for the 9900's in july, but if your like me i can never wait when it comes to a new build. As for a hard drive i would go for 2x250gb Barracudas in Raid. I recently found out that that mobo supported raid and i hear its great, plus the hd's only go for about $69.99 each.

The Mobo, pricey but will last a while, also it is hard to find a cheap board that supports DDr3:
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom