450$ for a video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so here are my options. buy wildsides 3870x2 for 300$ and send away my 7950gt and have to go thru the trouble of paypal which neither of us yet under stand, or buy a 9800gtx by evga and step up, there the same price as the 8800gts on ncix right now so i'd wrather have the 9800gtx.
i do want to go for the 3d marck 06 forum recrd but i think that it may just be better to buy a 9800gtx and wait for the gt200 or 4*** series, alltho i do want the 3870x2... i dont know what to do guys. BAHHHH either way im spendign the same amount of cash.

or i could buy my water cooling and case.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea. I would do the step up program. You know it only works for the next 90 days though right? If you bought it now that would be the beginning of July. The 9900 series is supposed to be out in July so you may want to wait until the end of the month.

my dad wants me to get the 9800gtx, hes like ive always like nvidia blah blah blah, now its between xfx and evga, if my step up runs out the resell value wotn be as high on the evga, alltho it does have a black pcb, then there is xfx who has always been good to me. with rma, and compensations.
here are the two. NCIX.com - Buy EVGA E-GEFORCE 9800GTX 675MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - 512-P3-N871-AR In Canada.
NCIX.com - Buy XFX GeForce 9800GTX 675MHZ 512MB 2.2GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDCP HDTV Out Video Card - PVT98FYDF9 In Canada.
i like the look of both cards and both have a black pcb which is great, right now im just not sure weather i want step up or double life time warranty... the xfx also comes with c0d4 which i allready own but will give to a friend.

Well in my opinion, you got a x38 board so stick with ATi, 3870x2 and 9800GTX is pretty close anyway. But really if you really think you need a performance boost and the 7950GT is just not cutting it, go for w/e your want. You should be getting decent frame rates on the 7950GT in most games like COD4, unless you want to play crysis all of a sudden.

I would wait for some newer cards if the 7950GT is good enough for now. What's the rush?

its a 256mb version for one, i just get by at 28fps on cod4 maxed with no AA and i want to play crysis, my dad also want me to get the nvidia card. thinks its safer considering if i buy wildsides card, i wont have a warrantie and ive had horrible luck with parts so far.also neither me or wildside knows how to use paypal.

I'm surprised you don't know how to use paypal in this day and age.

I mean it honestly isn't anything incredibly mind blowing...

i dont have a credit card i can use paypal on a site but i dont get how to send cash directly to some one, i did just turn 18 on the 16th of febuary to btw, so these adult transactions confuse me, and i think hes probably only 15/16 or so. i wotn be breakign any 3dmark 06 records sadly, but my dad is apeased and will let me use his credit card to get it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom