Still looking at some Mobo's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only reason I would consider going x38 is for PCI-E 2.0...which may be of some benefit with the nextgen cards like the 4870x2 and gt200

true enough. It is really a hard choice. but I think they will all clock decently. On this list there really are no bad choices

i get boot problems sometimes i have to update my bios, my computer wouldnt boot for 2 days i had to leave the power off on my power suply then turn it back on put one stick in go into my bios manually reset my voltages and timmings save reboot then put my second stick in, the memory controler on teh asus boards has a litle trouble with the auto settings on crucial ram, alltho i didnt have my settigns on auto in the first place alltho i think my dad reset the cmos with the button by accident.

Yeah I just said screw it and wanted to try something new, so I got a good deal on some OCZ 8500s and an e6750. Very happy with both. Got my OCZ @ 1128mhz 5,5,4,14 @ 2.0v...my ballistix would need 2.15 for that

And got my e6750 to 3.6ghz on only 1.32v ! :)

Ya... i think i'm going with the one NoCLue suggested... i plan on a WC kit after this mobo upgrade anyways... and there are enough good cards out now and i don't honestly plan on the 4870x2 or the gt200...

But it doesnt have Xfire right?

I dont think so. it looks to have only one PCI-e slot. (I am doing this from mem) but you could always look under DFI boards and p35 chipset. There may be some others, that look just as cool, and have that extra slot. Even if it costs a lil more

EDIT- I guess so. but there still might be a board with an 8x second slot

I don't mind... don't want xfire anyways...

So do you think i will be happy with that board? Because now i do know this from you guys... All the boards in this thread will not disappoint.

If you don't care about PCI-E 2.0 or crossfire, then I'd say the P35 is a better choice. They hit higher FSBs on average and also run a bit cooler.

No, that's how the P35 chipset works...they are all 16x + 4x

oh, my bad. I entered this whole game right when 680i was the way to go because ati didnt have any competition, and I know nada about p35. i am only learning :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom