Core Temp vs OCCT Temps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
So I finally got my new cooler and have started oc'ing my e2200, and have run into a bit of an issue. I'm sort of limited in my oc at the moment, because in using OCCT it says my load temps are around 58-60. but when I loaded up coretemp, it said my load temps were around 44-46. Now that 12-14 C difference could mean higher clocks, so which one should I put my faith into. Here's a SS of it.
(1440x900, don't wanna kill dialuppers.)

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/6100/coretempvsocctxx3.jpg

I think OCCT is showing you the actual CPU temperature while core temp is showing you the core temps

go by the core temps, and thus core temp

yes

and I'm pretty sure everyone at tech-forums does as well

however... like I said, OCCT is probably reporting actual CPU temperatures, so thats also what your computer goes by so if you have an auto-shutoff temp setup in your bios, it'll turn off when the CPU temp reaches the temperature set.

CoreTemp and OCCT give the same readings for me..

OCCT reads the cores' temps just like CoreTemp, commander ;).

occtctyx2.jpg

They're just a little bit off from each other because they don't update temps at the same rate as each other.

Try enabling the cores in the Settings > Monitoring tab. I have both of my cores enabled, so that could be why I'm getting the right temps read to me.

let me try this on my PC... brb

EDIT: crap-tacular, Core architecture only for Core Temp... wtf, but OCCT said its 68C idle, 79C load..

occt must be defaulting to another sensor on your cpu. And wow that sounds high. My laptop 3.06ghz P4-M only ran about 68c full load......do you have dust or something in your case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom