Got my 5000BE today..woot woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
Once they got down to the low $80's I couldn't wait any longer, had to RMA the first one, was DOA, just put my second one in and we're up and running...have to go get some MX-2, only had some old OCZ stuff around....will OC soon and bench soon. Am curious to see how much a difference I'll see over my 3600+ which was at 3.0.

Actual question to go with this thread...due to some earlier complications with a reformat I added an IDE HD for XP and was running the SATA as extra storage space. So just now I pulled the IDE out to install my cpu and forgot to plug it back in for my first power up. The comp booted up...and into XP...off the SATA, but I know I formatted that HD and never put an OS on it....what happened? where did XP come from? Am I going nuts or is this a normal function of XP as backup precaution in the case that the primary HD is pulled...

I doubt it backs itself up like that. Your probably just going crazy. Maybe your brains playing an april fools trick, or your computer. Or they both conspired against you.

Obvious question, but are you 100% sure you didn't?

100% sure....the original problem was that after the re-format I couldn't get XP to install on the SATA from the CD...formatted and tried to install atleast 6 times and never got XP to work past the login screen. So when I bought the IDE it installed first try and its been my primary ever since....lol, I'm going nuts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom