Building a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, does he want to spend so much money? Unless he wants a top gaming pc, he won't need all that. Maybe like an AMD 64 3400, Nvidia 6800, 512mb pc3200, 80gb hd. Not sure about mobo. (buy at newegg.com)

I would try for an AMD 3500+ to get dual ram. Dual Ram that equals a gig is cheaper than buying one stick that equals a gig. Second of all I think 4 raptors would be really sweet but generally speaking most of us cant afford four raptors in one system. I would suggest 2 Raptors in Raid 0. As for Video Cards you could argue back and forth but there are definetly more ATI fans. Which could possibly mean something, wink wink! I would go with the 9800 pro 256 Bit. Since the release of the X800 series the rest of the cards have dropped a little in price. I remember buying a 9800pro 128MB for 210. I think it dropped to like 180 or something like that. But this is coming from an ATI fan!

sorry, guys for not replieng to any of your posts, i was kinda busy with the political authorities...as in my elders punishing me.................... but to answer some of the questino i am willing to spend around £1790 which is around 2000 dollars, i tihnk sorry if i am wrong....... and i really have no need for small items such as the speakers (i usually play in headphones or monitors) the keyboard and mouse i do need.....also can someone tell what is the best cooling product out there and if possible can people tell me exactly the main things a pc need to actualy be able to run...like is a soundcard a need...etc.... thank you all for your helpful replies :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom