Couple Questions Before Ordering My New Computer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I hope not. I went to Microcenter and told the guy to make SURE it was a G0 SLACR Q6600 and he came back and I left happily with my new G0 Q6600 for $216 after tax. The DFI is getting great reviews from people on here that have bought it, but my question is, since I don't have much experience with timing and manually doing everything, would this board work for me or no?
John

WOW! They are sold out and I can't find them anywhere. After the rebate ended on the "Free Crysis 8800GTS G92 for $229 after MIR" deal, they refreshed it for $349 with 30 MIR so $319. BULLLCRAP! I SHOULD OF BOUGHT IT AHWIHFAPWH

Lol...that 8800gts is 254.99 o.o I would say about $180-$150

Remember the sellers of the graphics cards don't know what the price should be to begin with.. they just set a price and if people keep buying alot of them.. they keep upping the price... how all business works. I gurantee if 5 more people bought one today from newegg the price would go up. I don't buy from NewEgg unless they have a killer deal, which isn't often.. TigerDirect owns them over and over.. I can give you tons of examples on how TigerDirect beats NewEgg in out right prices....

Like this one :) :

Cooler Master CM Stacker 830 ATX Full-Tower Aluminum Case with Vented Side and 1000-Watt Power Supply RC-830-KKR3-GP at TigerDirect.com

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply - Retail

You are going to stick around the fourms after you build this rig aren't you? I want to see some pictures :)

Nice to see a "John" on the forums.. I John 2 :)

Lol...that 8800gts is 254.99 o.o I would say about $180-$150

Remember the sellers of the graphics cards don't know what the price should be to begin with.. they just set a price and if people keep buying alot of them.. they keep upping the price... how all business works. I gurantee if 5 more people bought one today from newegg the price would go up. I don't buy from NewEgg unless they have a killer deal, which isn't often.. TigerDirect owns them over and over.. I can give you tons of examples on how TigerDirect beats NewEgg...

Like this one :) :

Cooler Master CM Stacker 830 ATX Full-Tower Aluminum Case with Vented Side and 1000-Watt Power Supply RC-830-KKR3-GP at TigerDirect.com

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKR3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case Real Power Pro 1000W Power Supply - Retail

You are going to stick around the fourms after you build this rig aren't you? I want to see some pictures :)

Nice to see a "John" on the forums.. I John 2 :)

I laugh at your utter failure here.

First off, the Newegg is cheaper after rebate than tiger direct..
Second Newegg has free shipping.
Third Tiger wants $61 to ship it to me...

Way to go!!!

"TigerDirect beats NewEgg in out right prices...." (This doesn't include shipping) and secondly.. most of the items I have seen on TigerDirect said free shipping...When TigerDirect makes prices low they are really low.. NewEgg ups and downs alot.... never Seen TigerDirect do that.

Most of my items have come form TigerDirect.... As the example I provided above the price is cheaper BUT they have shiping charges.. I was referring to raw prices... because when TigerDirect has NO shipping charges the price is not comparable to NewEgg.

I will stick on the forums for sure. But I need a **** GPU first. I wanted to order by tonight at the latest. And now if I order off somewhere else, I might not get it all at the same time and it might take over newegg's 3-day shipping. So I'm forced to spend the extra $70-80 for the gay new prices. AIHAIWHDFIAHF Any ideas, please guys, tonight is my last night QUICK!
John

UPDATE: EVGA's 8800GTS G92 is now $269 after MIR. They lowered it a bit, I will check Tiger Direct and see if I can find it lower. It use to be $229 after MIR AND it had Crysis included, so basically I'm paying an additional $40 and no $50 crysis game. LAME!!!

Ok, I think I will get (2) Crucial Tracers DDR2 800 2x1GB and BFG 8800GTS G92. This is what I will order tonight, so if there are ANY problems or suggestions you want to make, please tell me now before I order:

Hard Drive - Seagate 500GB Sata II 32MB Cache HD
GPU - BFG Tech 8800GTS G92
Case - Raidmax Smilodon Extreme
Ram - Crucial Ballistix Tracers DDR2 800 (2) 2x1GB
Heat Sink - Xigmatek S-1283
Thermal Compound - AC MX-2
Mobo - DFI P35 LGA 775 ATX Intel

I plan to OC to about 3.2-3.4 Max for daily use, maybe just 3.0.
That will be ordered tonight to go along with my g0 SLACR Q6600 and Corsair 520HX PSU.

Also, what is better? 2x2GB at 4-4-4-12 Timing or 4x1GB at 4-4-4-12 Timing? I'm deciding between the Crucial Tracers (2) 2x1GB Kit or Crucial Ballistix 2x2GB Kit. Please let me know what is better and why.

Please let me know before I order. Is everything OK? Is there any place cheaper than newegg? Are there better choices for the same or lower prices? Please help me out. Talk to me on AIM if you can, my screen name is LilJohn148.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom