VCDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

fitzfan

In Runtime
i am burning some files to a vcd, and it is taking forever. is it supposed to take this long? the vcd is full with 80min/ 700mb and it is a 52x cd burner but it only lets me run at 24x do i need to fix something on nero express, or is that all it can do on a vcd? it is currently 45% done after 32 minutes.

Hold on a mo......are the files you are burning:

a) already in mpg(1) format

b) VCD compliant (not all mpg files are)

c) Are you burning as a VCD or as a DATA disk, and, if VCD, have u created a menu.

At 24 speed, a standard 700mb (80min) CD should take just over 4 minutes....it sounds to me like Nero is doing some encoding work on uncompliant streams....which you dont really want Nero to do (as its quality is not as good as some and its slow)....use TMPG to create the mpeg(1) file.... then author with Nero.

Totally agree with Roho ... Nero's probably encoding the video's into a complaint format.

WHat is the status update shown as on Nero??

ok, when i add each video it has to do somethingto convert it so i assume they r files that r in need of conversion.

Hey Man dont worry about it. I had the same problem. First it has to do some encoding crap then it finally start burning but it would take a long time (approximately 1 hr.) The program i used to encode my divx videos (avi, etc.) was TMPGEnc and i believe you can download a free version at their website.
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_download.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom