Core2duo Stopped Overclocking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the first mistake you made was buying a Gigabyte motherboard. :rolleyes:

It probably just reset itself. Is the option to enable the overclock set to enable?

Are you seriously retarded?

To date they have made some of the best overclocking motherboards at an affordable price point.

Case in point, the Maximus and Striker series.

metal im not an idiot, and im sry for my rudeness but read my post before posting something like that, i answered that.... and this gigabyte board is very stable and has never givin me problems, it's windows vista, and yes the overide Frequency Clock is enabled and set to 8x 450mhz which equals 3.6ghz Overclock, like i said in my first post, im very good with computers, this is just something i decided to forum post because im very busy recording with it in my studio, i do alot of animation, music, video editing, and some hardcore gaming, i love my rig

Ok, first off, I never said you were an idiot. Second, sometimes humans overlook the simplest error that can fix the whole problem. That's why I asked that.

And if you like your Gigabyte board, cool. I'm just really happy I got a new one and I am getting rid of that crappy gigabyte board. :cool:

To date they have made some of the best overclocking motherboards at an affordable price point.

No, I'm not retarded. I had so many problems with my Gigabyte board. So don't tell me they make the best boards. How is it, that I top out @ an even 3.2 on a Gigabyte board, yet on a brand new board, I can take it to at least 3.5 without a problem? Not only that, but I got there with less voltage. I didn't even have to change the voltage on my new motherboard until I tried about 2.9, whereas on the DS3, for 3.0GHz I had my voltage set at 1.53v, if not more.

uhh? aren't the maximus and the striker series from ASUS?

anyways, your right, gigabyte has some amazing budget boards...

but @ op

don't overclock within windows if you can help it, bios is must more stable and gigabyte has a default setting which clears the CMOS whenever you have an unstable overclock

ahh ok, I get the point, but the striker and maximus series own :p

but yeah, gigabyte boards are some cheap things for the price

DFI > ALL! hehe

don't overclock within windows if you can help it, bios is must more stable and gigabyte has a default setting which clears the CMOS whenever you have an unstable overclock

He's not OC'ing within Windows.

Jay, if you already tried resetting the CMOS by taking out the battery, try the jumper trick as well (just trying to eliminate that it is in fact a BIOS problem =) ). Try the jumper/battery way, and see if that helps or not.

Edit: also, does CPU-Z report it the same as everything else? I.e. stock clocks etc? You could also try loading up an Ubuntu LiveCD, and see if that recognizes your clocks (go to Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu download the ISO, burn it to a CD, and boot off of it). See if that recognizes them (should appear as OC'd anyway). If it does recognize your clocks, then it looks like we'll have to troubleshoot Windows-related things.

Oh, and MetalOwns...my GB board rocks; haven't had a problem with it yet.

ok im thinking about just restoring windows and clearing CMOS cause im having a lil bit of other problems that started when i downloaded a russian teamfortress 2 hahaha and it turned my real steam russian and started other problems, so im thinking about just clearing everything making it right and restoring winndows and starrting everything right with protectors and ****...thanks for the help but nothing worked so i guess its restore time !!! whoohh whoo i hate ****in restoring and reformatting.....o well.... oh and yea gigabyte ****IKNG ROCKSS!!! so suck a c o c k hahaha peace out guys and thanks for the help, ill be helping out around the boards i like this forum... see ya
Justin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom