Core2duo Stopped Overclocking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaygaluszka

Solid State Member
ok so i have a C2D E6750. i have a Gigabyte p35-DS3L MOBO and i usually have it overclocked at 3.6ghz, i was playing crysis the other night and bumped up my 8800 too high and had it restart back to stock (the video card) now when vista loaded, i always click the see more panel and make sure it sias 2.66ghz processor @ 3.6Ghz and it iddn't, so i restarted the computer and went to bios but everything was still the same.... it shows the fsb and clock settings are OC'd but it really isn't, soo i installed EasyTune5 off my mobo disk and that confirmed it was at 2.6 but i installed it to use that to overcdlock it, but THE CPU OC AND MOBO OC TABS WERE GRAYED OUT!!! and then the weirdest **** happens, when i raised the fan too 100% it started reading 2.0ghz, so any help with this situation would be amazing, im very good with computers the hardware and software but i've tried alot and im dumbfounded, but im not gonna restore windows and i don't have a system restore point past that day it happened just to throw that out the window and make it easier ;-) lol
Well thank you guys and much help would be appreciated,
Yours Truley,
Justin Galuszka

Perhaps when you reset to stock you enabled speed step allowing for lower processor speeds depending on usage.

Take a look for that in your bios.

no i said i was editing my video card and it went to high and reset to stock, not my processor, my video card automatically resets to stock, it's just coinsidently at the same time my processor all the sudden didn't show it was overclocking in windows, but would in the bios, and no there is no speed step in my bios, it's pretty simple and myt bios is all setup correctly it's gotta do within windows

Have you tried resetting your BIOS back to defaults? Tried clearing CMOS? Do that, and then re-do your clocks. Just write down what values you had for each thing, reset, then OC again.

Also, I haven't seen an intel board that doesn't have an option for speedstep...

There is no native support for changing cpu clocks within windows...

I think he meant that he thinks the problem has to do with something within Windows, not that he can natively OC within windows (although, I could be wrong, but that's how I interpreted it).

Check my above post, Jay, and see if that helps or not.

exactly carnage, there is no native support, except for some software on my mobo disk but that i already explained in my first post GREYS out the overclock tab.... so um yea i did reset my settings to, i did fail safe options, then optimal, than overlocked, cleared, so once again back to what im sayin think something happened in windows itself.....

Well, the first mistake you made was buying a Gigabyte motherboard. :rolleyes:

It probably just reset itself. Is the option to enable the overclock set to enable?

wow wait carnage, i have the same exact **** setup as ur gaming one hahahaha, alright check it out guys in case it helps

Xion Blue LED CASE
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 @3.6
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro
2x1GB G.Skill DDR2-800 @ 1033MHz
GigaByte GA-P35-DS3L (yea carnage u got the we bit better one ;-))
MSI Geforce NX8800 640mb 320bit T2d640e 675/1011
Rosewell 700W PS
42" Sony Plasma Thru DVI
Logitec 5.1 Surround
Seagate 250gb
Western 40gb

metal im not an idiot, and im sry for my rudeness but read my post before posting something like that, i answered that.... and this gigabyte board is very stable and has never givin me problems, it's windows vista, and yes the overide Frequency Clock is enabled and set to 8x 450mhz which equals 3.6ghz Overclock, like i said in my first post, im very good with computers, this is just something i decided to forum post because im very busy recording with it in my studio, i do alot of animation, music, video editing, and some hardcore gaming, i love my rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom