Spikomans 8800GS Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Just got in the mail yesterday. At first, didn't post. Was about to RMA it, but then decided I would try out a bios update. Finally posted up, and I got that bad boy running. First off let me say this, this being my first high quality video card that ive owned (Besides a geforce 4 TI back in 2002), I am going to think high about it just because its the best ive seen. Heres some quick benches for you, there older games, but all I got to test as of right now.

All games tested at 1440x900, 4xAA and 16xAF, 550mhz/800mhz

Doom 3 (Ultra Quality, Framerate unlocked from 60) 120fps - 180fps

Quake 4 (Ultra Quality, Framerate unlocked from 60) 40fps - 100fps *Seems like an over demanding game for that graphics quality*

Half Life 2 Source SDK Stress Test (Max Everything) 104fps Average at the end of test. 80fps - 150fps during test.

Half Life 2 (Max Everything) 80fps - 160fps

Call of Duty 2 (Max Everything, DirectX9 mode) 80fps - 140fps

Unreal Tournament 2004 (Max Everything) 150fps - 250fps

Guild Wars (Max Everything) 80fps In Crowded Town, 100fps - 160fps in field/mission.

Also, I got the Evga version, the benchmarks are non overclocked, and with the nice adjustable fan (Which the more expensive XFX version does NOT include) and also better memory, ive overclocked it from 550/800 to 700/1000. For $109 after rebate on newegg, this is an amazing card. I also think that my system may be slightly bottlenecking it aswell. Also, 2xAA and 8xAF adds a great deal of fps without dropping the image quality that much (I Hardly noticed that difference, depends in the game)

Oc the card, and see if you can take your X2 to 3ghz. That will give you a noticeable boost. Download the call of duty 4 demo and you can unlock the cards full potential.

thats freaking good, overclock it some and it performs better than an 8800gts 320mb which used to be the crazy recommendation 5 moths ago...

Im going to try overclocking more rican, but the core tempurature already past 30c and cpu temp is at 52c max.

If not, then leave the cpu as it is and just oc the card itself. I have to stay at 3.0ghz for everyday use myself because my room is really small and has crappy airflow so my temps skyrocket.

I got great airflow, just stock heatsink, and crappy ram, so I dunno if i could even get 3ghz to stay stable, unless I clock the ram way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom