2 9600GTs vs. 1 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are running at anything under a 20" LCD, just get a single 9600GT and save the SLI headaches. The only time SLI should even be looked at is at 1680x1050 or higher.

I would not guy a 9800gtx right now. with the 9900 right around the corner. Go with 9600's. Cheaper, better performance, and while SLI is not normally worth it, these two cards have changed my mind. (atleast for just these two.)

EDIT-low res? go with one 9600gt.

EDIT-dag on veedub

Interesting. Yeah well with the 9900 coming up I'd say the 9600GT seems to be the go to "budget card" and if you want high end graphics wait for the 9900.

it is not a budget card. that implies that it will not perform, and that is not true. at that res, the 9600gt will have no problems

it is not a budget card. that implies that it will not perform, and that is not true. at that res, the 9600gt will have no problems

Hence putting "budget" in "quotations". Also no it doesn't it implies that its a cheap card for people on a small budget. I'm speaking generally now not just for low res.

In general if you can't afford a 9900 it seems like the 9600GT is a good alternative. I mean if you want to be that way $170 isn't exactly cheap. Still comparing it to the $500 cards that people buy its a much cheaper alternative.

@ricanflow

I know but people around here tend to call the 8800GT a budget card because its not an ultra. In the world of gaming its a budget card. In the world of graphics in general its an upper midrange card.

Edit: On second thought make that it WILL be a good budget card. I wasn't really referring to now I meant a few months after the 9900s come out and people are deciding what type of card they should get. Now the 9600 is one of the best ones out there.

In the world of gaming, two 9600gt's destroy a gtx, ultra, and are almost at the gx2 level. Especially if you get the ones with dual pci-e connectors, and oc the **** out of them.

Hence putting "budget" in "quotations". Also no it doesn't it implies that its a cheap card for people on a small budget. I'm speaking generally now not just for low res.

In general if you can't afford a 9900 it seems like the 9600GT is a good alternative. I mean if you want to be that way $170 isn't exactly cheap. Still comparing it to the $500 cards that people buy its a much cheaper alternative.

@ricanflow

I know but people around here tend to call the 8800GT a budget card because its not an ultra. In the world of gaming its a budget card. In the world of graphics in general its an upper midrange card.

1- I did not see the quotes, sorry.
2- it does imply that it is a lower end card, and that it might not perform to the same level
3- can't afford a 9900? not even out, or prices. maybe a 9800.. and 170 for a card that performs this well, is most def a good price. not cheap, because that refers to quality, not price. how about inexpensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom