NVIDIA GeForce 9900 Series Set for July Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
After hearing this news I think I may wait for the new cards to come out before I buy my Two 9800GX2 cards... I think the price on them will go down some...

I seriously can't comprehend how any game but Crysis will EVER need this much power for years to come... and I will be able to run Crysis on Very High with Two 9800GX2 anyway...for an example... my 7900GT card can run every game that is out BUT Crysis on FULL SETTINGS!!!!!! That should mean that the 9800GX2 can run every game form here to china EVEN Crysis on total maxed settings!!

After getting two 9800GX2 cards when the price drops I don't think I will ever need to upgrade... and if I do ever need to upgrade It will be to far in the future to think about.

All things considered like the God of all things: Overclocking - Does anyone even have an Overclocked 9800GX2? lol - Much less TWO overclocked 9800GX2's O.O

And Two 9800GX2 cards run Crysis on Very High at around 41FPS on a regular system and One 9800GX2 runs Crysis at about 23FPS on a regular system. These aren't Overclocked!! That is scary...

AND... all of the newer games for example COD4 are awesome graphic-wise and run at high speeds anyway...like I believe COD4 gets atleast 60FPS easily...and some games can be patched to make them run even better.... I think that the newer games will be optimized to run faster thus making the 9800GX2 more able to run future games.

The 9800GX2 drivers are getting better as well releasing more of it's potential...I also think that the 9800GX2 card makes for a good point to "dive in" when it comes to getting a GPU because of how unique and powerful it is.

well i was really unhappy about the 9800gtx cos its pretty much an oc'ed gts. and the gtx X2 is as merk said an sli card.

Im waiting for a card to come out that is one gpu and beats the ultra... not a dual or tri gpu in one....i want one single gpu card that beats out everything...

man this is great, 9900gtx to out do the 9800GX2 thats just madness

*dreams of the power of the 9900GX2*

man i want one, just think of the power 2 9900GX2 would have, now that would be a game munching animal

I was wondering what they would name the next set. No way would they name it 10000. After this they'll probably come up with a new series of naming. Either a new set of numbers or maybe the greek alphabet.

well i was really unhappy about the 9800gtx cos its pretty much an oc'ed gts. and the gtx X2 is as merk said an sli card.

Im waiting for a card to come out that is one gpu and beats the ultra... not a dual or tri gpu in one....i want one single gpu card that beats out everything...

Amen. SLI is unreliable at best. idc if its all on one card or two.

The only thing is, it will probably be more around the $700+ range. Seeing as how the 9800GX2 is $600.

wel im pretty sure the high-end 9 series price will drop before those come out...

i just dont know if they willl drop the 8-gtx or ultra prices and lower...or just discontinue them like they did with the gts 320/640 versions.

Yes the current 9-series cards prices may drop, but if their initial start price is $600, then the initial start price of a better card will most likely be higher (especially if it is a new technology which required new funding, and a new production process)

but wasn't the ultra a huge price when it came out too? like 700+? I wasn't really into computers then, but I seem to think it was that high. So I dont really doubt that the 9900gtx will be atleast 600. but I dont really mind, this should push some other prices down hopefully. and keep ATI starting their prices really low.

and stealth, what res you running everything with a 7xxx card? I am using an 8800gts 512 and I can run everything, but my 640mb could not run everything, with everything maxed out. I play at 1900x1200. so you can't say that your card can handle anything but crysis. you have to remember res

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom