search program not working in xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_lightning2001

Baseband Member
Out of the blue my search program won't work. It won't even open up. It would open up a couple of days ago but now nothing. Thanks in advance.

Which search program? Google desktop search? Microsoft Desktop search? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

So the one you have on the Start Menu? Are you sure it is just not finding your results?

not that it won't find my results, it won't even open. the program its self won't open. I hit the button and nothing. I have a search button on my laptop and it won't open it either.

Try installing the latest version of Windows Desktop Search and see if that helps. Other than that have you installed or updated your laptop chipset drivers or other drivers? That button on your laptop would be controlled by software supplied by the manufacturer not Windows as they can not account for that key on every system So there has to be software from the manufacturer to do this for you.

yeah that gave me a search but it's not the same one that quit working. It will work but I wonder why the other one just quit working out of the blue. Thanks a lot for your help.

if there isn't an i386 folder stored somewhere, then I believe yes...for example

I just did that on this computer to check, which I put sp3 on and it asks me for the sp3 cd :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom