OCing my 8800GTS 512

Status
Not open for further replies.

almightyobo

In Runtime
Ok, so I am going to start overclocking my 8800GTS 512 (G92) and I just had a few questions

I plan on using Rivatuner to oc it, should I only go up a few mhz on each core at a time? or is it safe to go up by alot? how much should i increase it by?

How can I test if it is stable? does it matter as long as long as he heat is low?

Ive heard of ATI tool messing up on the 512 G92s, whats wrong w/ it?

Has anyone oc'd this card before? What numbers should I be shooting for?

I did 10mhz increments. Theres an ati beta
Download ATITool 0.27 Beta 4 - Free overclocking utility designed for ATI video cards - Softpedia
You can use the artifact scanner on it. Krazyq told me not to go above 1000mhz on memory and as I was surfing around other forums I noticed everyone at it kept around 996-999mhz. My settings are in my sig. I stopped at 802 just because I haven't had time to fiddle with it. I'm sure it can go alittle higher. Also use games to check for stability. I would play a couple of hours of crysis and cod4 to see if there was any discoloration or if it hangs.

how long am I suppose to let the artifact scanner go for?

and wasnt someone on here saying that the GTS 512s were having some issues w/ ATItool?

also should I play for a while between each increment? Also should I alternate or can i do like 15 of core and mem at the same time

well when u do the artifact scanning...do it for about 15-30 mins...make sure temps dont get into the 80s.
and go up like 5-10 incrememnnts at a time and then test.
I cant get ati stable over like 760 core...but i benchmark fine around 785.

FYI...the memory issue above 1k is for the GT. It is specific to those due to the craptacular qmodo memory. You should probably be able to shoot straight to 750 core and 1000memory without any issues.

FYI...the memory issue above 1k is for the GT. It is specific to those due to the craptacular qmodo memory. You should probably be able to shoot straight to 750 core and 1000memory without any issues.

well from my readings from tf...i herd that the gts is is lik the gt and has the same prob with getting the mem over 1k.

i hate to ask it here but do u think they use the same memory on the 640MB GTS's? i run my EVGA at 700/1000 pretty much 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom