AMD Comes Out Swinging With 2 Quad Chips and a Triple-Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
The review from AnandTech shows Q6600 performing better in photoshop, video encoding and 3d rendering.
That's why he said "very close"
not to mention, the gaming part.

I do a lot more gaming than I do encoding video.
And for almost everything else, I don't need much processing power anyway.

That's why he said "very close"
not to mention, the gaming part.

I do a lot more gaming than I do encoding video.
And for almost everything else, I don't need much processing power anyway.

Considering the unlocked multiplier i believe that the X4 9850 rivals the Q6600 and will be 15-25 dollars cheaper...im glad to see AMD is doing something

So with this in mind, do you guys like to consider the new AMD chips over Intel? I'm more liking AMD the more I read their spec sheet. The eye-poping stat of all: low price.

AMD took the performance crown from Intel by catching them with their pants down, Intel had grown lazy and was riding the wave it had created, but wasn't doing anything innovative. Intel has learned from that mistake, and they won't ever repeat it.

AMD is still in there putting out a good product. I don't know if they will ever retake the performance title from Intel again, but it is good to see that they aren't completely washed out, either.

Honestly, I am glad to see Intel working to put out a good product. Even if that means AMD never regaining what it had, they at least prodded the beast enough to get it to moving again. innovation is good for everyone, especially us performance geeks. ;)

I really don't expect AMD to be completely dominant over Intel, but if they can keep up with them at least, they'll always win a lot of consumers because they are the lower price alternative.

For the enthusiast who go strictly by number or benchmarks, Intel is the current leader. But by how much? We'll find out soon. If the edge isn't that much, I'll stick with AMD. Anything is good for me since I'm still running single core.

i think amd at least being on their heels means better technology faster and at more competitive pricing. Which is a good thing for all pc enthusiasts.

^^^

And the current 45nm Intels are a bit disappointing, so it is possible.

Because they are currently expensive, and they have low multiplier which is not good for overclocking compared to Kentsfield. But the overclocking potential is still better than phenom however.

65nm Core 2 quad already beat phenom, so I think 45nm Intel are going to be better than 45nm phenom unless AMD adds a lot of improvement for their 45nm processors.

Also, don't forget that Nehalem is going to come out on Q4 2008 which about the same time as the release date of 45nm Phenom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom