damn sata drive! help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
busa_4 said:
i loaded the xp driver and tried to install it when i selected f6 and it said there is an error. there are seven seperate files that come up under D:\raid\via\/driverdisk\sata
which ones do i need to install on the floppy? they are listed below:

2003ia32
win98-me
win2000
winnt40
winxp
TXTSETUP.OEM
vt8237

i only loaded the file named winxp to the floppy and it came up as an error. what other of the 7 files do i need to include?

Copy all of them.

ok i guess i will copy all of them. something told me i should of done that in the beginning.
thanks

alright i loaded d:\RAID\VIA\/DriverDisk\SATA\
onto a floppy and it worked great! windows xp loaded up. now i have a new problem! as i was loading the software for the video card i purchased the computer locked up. i reset the computer and it started to load and then an error message came up stating a file was corupted. it states i was missing the file
<windows root>\system32\hal.dll.
what the hell happened? i promise, i didnt do anything but install drivers for my video card. help! help! help!

Download the drivers from the manufacture's website. That will definatly fix the problem.

P.S.: I'm glad to hear u got the SATA controller working.

oh-doh, that makes more sense. thanks. i have never had this many problems building a computer. my previous computer went smoothly. this one is a nightmare! thankyou all for dealing with me. when it comes to software related issues, that is my downfall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom