NVIDIA GeForce 9900 Series Set for July Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Word is circulating that just four short months after the launch of GeForce 9800 GTX and GeForce 9800 GX2, NVIDIA will welcome its new high-end graphics cards to the world. Logically their names will be GeForce 9900 GTX and 9900 GX2. Both cards will be based on the GT200 GPU. Details are all you want I'd say, but unfortunately there's not much to know. According to VR-Zone, GeForce 9900 GTX is to replace 9800 GX2 and this gives us a clue that a single GT200 card will actually outperform a dual G92 card. The story also suggests that the GT200 will still be manufactured by the old 65nm process, and the PCB used for the new cards will probably be P651. The release date for both cards is also said to be in July. I know this comes just a day before April Fools' Day, but the report has been posted all over the web, so we can assume it's fairly legit.

GeForce 9900 Series set for July launch :: TweakTown

I'm really surprised that its so soon and already new plans are out.
I'm also not even sure if there's any game out there (except Crysis) that will even need all this much power!

wow,,, i wonder how much it will be worth though, i can't imagine the power of the 9900gx2 of a single 9900gtx out performs a 9800gx2, I'm not sure it would even have a prob running crysis on ultra high settings krazyq

wow,,, i wonder how much it will be worth though, i can't imagine the power of the 9900gx2 of a single 9900gtx out performs a 9800gx2, I'm not sure it would even have a prob running crysis on ultra high settings krazyq

ultra extra high settings with aa maxxed all the way i bet...maybe hmammen and nosboost shud wait for these beasts to come out!

why? so a week after they are launched we recieve word that the 9990GX2 and 9990GTX are gonna come out 2 months later?

why? so a week after they are launched we recieve word that the 9990GX2 and 9990GTX are gonna come out 2 months later?

Everyone has known about the GT200 cards for quite a while now, even before the initial launch of the 9800 series.

Crysis will finally be able to run at 60fps on Very High 1680x1050 and then suddenly Jesus will come back and he will be totally blown away...

Crysis will finally be able to run at 60fps on Very High 1680x1050 and then suddenly Jesus will come back and he will be totally blown away...

Jesus's apocalypse code:

$var_1=round($average_fps_crysis);
if ( ($var_1>60) && ($settings="vhigh") )
{echo_on_jesus_pager("Its Time.")}

why do you say this?

the 8800GTX/Ultra has had one of the longest lifespans for any piece of hardware that I can imagine

Not counting the 9800GX2 (because it's really an SLI card) - the 8800GTX, to date, is the most powerful graphics card you can buy for high resolution gaming (forget the Ultra, it's just an overclocked GTX). It holds well against all its new counterparts. For a card that was released in November 2006.. that's really quite an accomplishment I think. I can't recall any other card lasting this long, and consider that it will still be on top until the 4xxx and 99xx stuff come out

So I assume that when the 9900GTX comes out, if it's really that much of a leap in performance, it'll probably be a good investment that'll last (heck, if I don't have to change my graphics card in 2+ years knowing it'll always be on top, I don't mind spending $500+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom