Graphics card, fans and software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaersyth

Solid State Member
Hey all, i have a Dell Inspiron 9400 and it has a Geforce 7900 GS in it..... It sometimes gets very hot while playing some games it goes up to about 85c and im guessing this is higher than usual? It seems my fans are going at full speed, they are really trying to cool it down but it keeps getting hotter and i even have anotebook cooler aswell. Sometimes while playing a game the temp of the gcard will shoot up from like 67c to 84 in literally a few seconds.

Im guessing this isnt normal?

Also is there any software that i can use to change the fan speed? :confused:

Ok but by blowing out the dirt do you mean open it up and do it? I cant seem to open it up because theres a screw (has a picture of a lock by it) and it just wont budge.

When it gets hot, does it actually burn you? Do you see a drop in performace? Because that temp isn't that hot.

Ok do you mean to use the canned air while the computer is on? This wouldnt mess up the fans i hope.... Thanks alot though Kurrent that program works great, just what i was looking for and i will buy some canned air too. :)

Peterhuang, it doesnt burn me but th ekeyboard gets very very hot.... the bottom used to aswell but this notebook cooler deals with that anyway. The temperature has got alot worse since i bought the laptop..... it may very well be dusty as i do use it alot.

Ok i just hope that works :p i hope it can reach the heatsink i dont even know where it is inside this laptop.... :freak:

Ok i just hope that works :p i hope it can reach the heatsink i dont even know where it is inside this laptop.... :freak:

The vents you need to blow through are the ones you feel hot air coming out when the fans are running. Of course you'll get better results when the fans are off. At 85c, I can tell those heatsinks are all plugged up. I shoot canned air through all my laptops once a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom