GT200 Core To Become the 9900 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats really dumb is that the next "leap" is only getting an incremental name change while the incremental archetectural change got a leap name change. Stupid nvidia. Glad i saved my 500 bucks and stuck with my 8800GTS's.

Well said.

The 9800GTX, 9800GX2, 9600GT should be the 8900 series.
The 9900GTX, 9900GX2, 9900GT should be the 9800 series.

That would make WAY more sense in terms of performance steps.

Your absolutely right... I would prefer if they changed the 9 series to what you just said, it would be worth the temporary confusion.

But yes, another reason why i hope ATI comes out with something good so i can throw one of those 4xxx's on my board.

Sorry nvidia, you cannot be trusted :) I will be sticking with my 8800 gt for a longgg time.

Well said.

The 9800GTX, 9800GX2, 9600GT should be the 8900 series.
The 9900GTX, 9900GX2, 9900GT should be the 9800 series.

That would make WAY more sense in terms of performance steps.

Absolutely correct, especially if you look at the architecture *COUGH* and performance........

Did that 9800GX2 hit that 1 teraflop mark they set? Probably, since it is 2 chips.....but I thought the 9800 would be the first single teraflop card.

they...nvidia, or just being smart...and playing the intel card on ati/amd....

just as intel has done with the core 2 architecture...so too is nvidia...so long as they aren't resting on their laurels like good ole 3dfx, hehe

leap frogging and pushing tech...only helps us in the end

I am itching to try and wait to build my next personal pc using nehalem 8 core addition, 64bit vista...and minimum of 8gb...and if I can't wait a year, it will be all the sweeter

next gpu will not be amd/ati...drivers suck :D

now I am really regretting having an x38 board. the 4xxx better rock. or else I am getting 780i. or I will just end up waiting for nehalem. but i dont want to wait that long to upgrade!

Well on crysis with AA on the Ultra can beat out the GX2. Something to do with the GX2 being limited to only using 483mb of ram, then it writes to page file or something. read it on the EVGA forums, SLI drivers still need a lot of work

now I am really regretting having an x38 board. the 4xxx better rock. or else I am getting 780i. or I will just end up waiting for nehalem. but i dont want to wait that long to upgrade!

Why? switching out your x38 for a 780i just means you have SLI. You will be fine with the single card if you want too.

I'm glad I didn't have enough money to get meself a 9800GX2 ... now i can save up to get a 9900GX2 :) Then we can REALLY play crysis properly.

Well I really don't care for the "next big thing" I will stay with my 8800 GTX for a very long time, these new series aren't new at all just the name.

im gonna hold off for the 9900's and see what they have to offer.

If it's still crap I might go AMD and crossfire. The drivers suck but mayber the 4xxx will have the performance anyway ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom