People Buying Ballistix Tracers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well these are the kit I just got and so far I'm happy. Was playing with the CPU more though so haven't had a chance to see what they can really do yet.

Newegg.com - OCZ SLI-Ready Edition 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

20-227-181-05.jpg

y do you say that? if you crazy over volt, the ram does get really hot, thus I can get crazy ram overclocks without killing them

You usually get diminishing returns on high vdimm voltages...

I mean what are you aiming for? 1400 mhz used daily? There's no real world performance difference really between 1000mhz and 1200mhz. Just for benches and stuff. Watercooling ram is just for kicks and looks really.....

looks are a plus xD

although I probably won't need to watercool the ram :p

I definately need to find a nice chipset block

I just picked up 4gb of Transcend axe ram 1200+ for cheap :D . Which means My tracers are up for grabs if anyone is interested.

I think I might refund the tracers and find some RAM with just plain black heatspreaders and PCB... I don't like the colors of the LEDs on the tracers

Any ideas?

Geil

omg... the black dragon is exactly what I was looking for... but it must be discontinued? I can't find it on any sites... and their website says only NewEgg and ZZF are official dealers... (besides some ones I've never heard of)

The 2x1gb black dragon kit is not particularly good. They are OK but ballistix are a million times better.

On the other hand, the 2x2gb Black Dragon kit is pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom