Trouble with XP Clean Install

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't even allow me to get there. Once I press 'L' it says it is unable to delete because it contains setup files.

So you hit D to delete the partition. Get then next screen where it says to hit L to confirm the delete and it says it contains setup files?

You will need Powermax like Eric Suggested or GParted verion 0.33 LiveCD to delete/format the partition. Windows is causing this error which it shouldnt. This will be your best solution around it.

When I put in my Powermax floppy, it doesn't work. It gives me the error:

Cannot load DOS! Any key to retry.

Ok Ok, I got Powermax to work. Once up, how do I delete the partition? I am confused how to use this.

I formated the partition. Completed. Now when I try to reboot my computer, it says: F1 to Retry Boot, F2 to Setup. I pressed F2. I have no idea what to do. Please tell me I did nothing wrong.

You should have the XP Disc in and you should see the screen. Hit any key to start from CD. Press a key and start loading Windows again.

Doesn't say that man. All it says is what I stated above. If I press F2, it takes me to some weird set up screen that shows the specs of my entire computer. I can't do anything with it though.

the xp cd will automatically boot now with no partitions. you don't need to hit a key

Yes but it is not booting at all. When I turn on my PC, what I stated above happens. It doesn't ever take me to the CD.

F1 to retry boot, F2 to setup. When I go to setup, all of that weird stuff comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom