PC Reboots

Status
Not open for further replies.

f_xyz

Solid State Member
As soon as I start playing a game , after around 5 min. my PC reboots.

My PC Specs are : P4 2.4 GHz ,512 MB Ram. a "4x AGP slot" and ATi Radeon 9600XT 128 MB (8x) . Previously , I had Gforce 4 MX 440 AGP 8x and it worked fine on my Motherboard.

I reinstalled Windows but he problem was still there. I don't do any overclocking stuff. First , I thought that there is a problem in my newly bought Radeon 9600XT but I put that on my bros PC and it worked fine. My bro has a motherboard with AGP 8x Slot.

I dunno how the AGP 4x slot matters with a 8x AGP Card but atleast I know that it is compatible caz my previous card ran faine.

Some times my PC simply Restarts as if normal crash , sometimes before PC restarts , a flashing BLUE SCREEN appears and also sometimes after the reboot , the windows says :

"The System has recovered from a serious error"

Someone plz help me out there...I can't play any game

Hum... Ive had problems like that before, check your CPU is not overheating, if it is it will automatically reboot. You can switch it off, but ud likely blow it up.

RAM check your ram, ram will cause your PC to reboot if hard work is needed, or like what hapened to mine, when you inserted a USB device it restarted.

Next a complete format..... FDISK is better, romoves all those virus's in the boot sectors.

when ever I have had rebooting problems it has always come back to my powersupply. If you have a spare powersupply you can test on your machine then you might be be able to see if this is the problem.

Thats my only other thought to those already said!

put the agp down to 2X, not 8X, or try pc with another graphics card 2 c if thats giving u grief.

also set you computer to not reboot after system failure so we can get the exact error and also check the event viewer.

How to ?

Hey , Killians45 , how can I do that ?

Also , I wanna add , I've ASUS Radeon 9600XT and a Motherboard with SIS Chipset. I've heard some where that SIS chipset have issues with ASUS Radeon 9600XT...

Plz tell me any solution...I m planning to upgrade my motherboard but it'll take time. I want a temporary Solution plz....

GPU may be exposed to stress from overheating. Are you using a stock heatsink/fan? Have you overclocked anything?

NOT A OVERHEATED PROBLEM!

I wanna assure everyone that I don't overclock and my system is not in a overheated state when the problem occurs.
It restarts even if I've used my PC after 5 hours and its cold...

I think it is some sort of incompatibilty problem...
my VGA incompatible with my Motherboard having SIS chipset.

What version of driver your 9600XT using?
Try the latest driver, if cant, try use back the driver came with the card.

I've already tried changing the drivers but it won't help.
Also , even if the problem had gone that way , it still would've been a problem caz old drivers always have problems with latest games...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom