Still looking at some Mobo's...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can;t go wrong with a P5E, they are great boards...but if you want guaranteed high fsbs then the DFI LT is the way to go. Whether that's worth the extra money to you is another question.

No way would i spend 80 extra bucks for that board, i was going to get it on newegg until it sold out... it was 240 for a while.

That Asus looks good though... out of the choices... I just want the best in the $190-230 price range? the LT is closer to $300...

Really? it clocks better? I would defiantly go for it if its true and save myself some money. That board i have my eye on now

But i must ask myself... If i was willing to pay $220-230 for an x38 board... Maybe i wanna run SLI once again with the 780i board?

EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI Core 2 Quad Socket 775 1333 MHz PC2-6400 (DDR2-800) ATX M at ZipZoomfly
that is a good price....

But seriously i may really go for that board u just suggested... if it clocks better then the x38 i don't really need that 8 phase voltage regulator.

Clocks are heavily dependant on the chip itself, therefore like veeb said, any of the boards mentioned in this thread will OC the same, so long as the chip is capable.

what about the DFI p35 board. that clocks better than the x38 one from what I read over at XS. and cheaper too. Let me go find it. (unless you want 45nm.. I say just wait for nehalem..)

Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

i hear nothing but wonderful things about that board, and not a bad price

Then i may go with this board... no point killing my wallet if this will perform well enough.

I don't think that board has crossfire, which isn't really a bad thing since i don't even have an ATI card.

The best board would be the DFI LT ....guaranteed for high fsb's in case you ever upgrade to a 45nm cpu with a lower multi.

as for the ballistix and p5e, there seem to be many mixed reports of some people getting great results, and others not even being able to boot with it.

i get boot problems sometimes i have to update my bios, my computer wouldnt boot for 2 days i had to leave the power off on my power suply then turn it back on put one stick in go into my bios manually reset my voltages and timmings save reboot then put my second stick in, the memory controler on teh asus boards has a litle trouble with the auto settings on crucial ram, alltho i didnt have my settigns on auto in the first place alltho i think my dad reset the cmos with the button by accident.

The only reason I would consider going x38 is for PCI-E 2.0...which may be of some benefit with the nextgen cards like the 4870x2 and gt200

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom