Computer Crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thumperabbit

Beta member
I'm sorry if this thread is on the wrong forum, but i'm new and couldn't find another place where this might be suitable.

My computer has recently started to crash at random times when playing my online game WoW. A while back I upgraded my computer especialy for playing WoW, which worked perfectly. But now it's suddenly been acting up

I've tried the usual thing's, virus and spyware checks, defragmenting, clean-up's, smitrem, deleting old programs and checking the cabling in the unit.

Any suggestions? This only happen's when I play on WoW. Everything else is fine.

The only thing I can possibly thing of is that dust has clogged up the CPU fan(From what I can see it's spinning fine and all that) but what's the best way to clear the cpu fan from any dust. Same goes for the motherboard.

You have to make sure the computer is dust-free or else it'll overheat. You can use a can of compressed air to blow out the dust.

Define "crashing". Are you talking a BSOD (blue screen), CTD (crash to desktop), the game minimizing, the game locking up, what?

If you are running a graphics card, it can become clogged with dust as well. You should also try updating the drivers for your graphics, as well as checking for any patches for WoW itself.

*EDIT* Unless you really don't want any help, I would advise you to discontinue posting the same thread multiple times. /*EDIT*

When my game crashes, no blue screen, first my game freezes, then the game gets closed(Without me touching anything) then the computer shuts itself down(With the whole "Logging Out" bit).

All my patches are fine and i've recently upgraded my graphics card.

And where might a find a can of compressed air?

p.s I didn't mean to post multiple threads, my mobile broadband is terrible, my apologies.

You can get a can of compressed air at your local tech store. Staples, Office Depot, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom