GT200 Core To Become the 9900 Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Expreview Source

According to our sources, GT200's final product name and launch day have been set. Two NVIDIA GeForce card will use the core, they are 9900GX2 and 9900GTX.

It is similar to today's NV tactic: 9900GX2 just like todays 9800GX2, it is a two GPU product, and 9900GTX is a conventional single GPU product. Source mentions that both cards will be announced in July. In previous rumors, words have it that NV will improve G9X core by rolling out GT200. But detailed information still unknown.

VR-Zone Source

No it is not some April Fool jokes. VR-Zone has learned that there will be two high end parts from Nvidia to replace the current GeForce 9800 GX2 and 9800 GTX in Q3. These two parts are GeForce 9900 GTX and GeForce 9900 GT based on the new GT200 architecture. GeForce 9800 GX2 and GTX will have a short lifespan since they will be replaced in a couple of months time. Nvidia has positioned GeForce 9900 GTX to replace 9800 GX2 and this gave a clue that a single GT200 card will actually outperform a dual G92 card. Likewise for GeForce 9900 GT, outperforming and replacing 9800 GTX. CJ revealed to us that Nvidia will have a hard time fitting GT200 onto the PCB since the GPU is gonna be large and very power hungry so we can probably assume it is still 65nm based. The PCB for GT200 will be P651.

Whats really dumb is that the next "leap" is only getting an incremental name change while the incremental archetectural change got a leap name change. Stupid nvidia. Glad i saved my 500 bucks and stuck with my 8800GTS's.

Yea...they're just trying to push as much cards as possible, to make as much money as possible, on an already good series (high end 8 series).

wow this is Bull. Seriously releasing a 600$ high end card to replace the ultra just to have it replaced by Q3 by a single GPU solution? I dont even know if i want to step up now. i just got confirmation from EVGA that they are ready for payment, but now i dont even think its worth it. I was always under the impression the GX2 would at least be #1 for 6-8 months.....

wow nVidia are real big jerks, they just release 9 series not being that much gain of the 8 series so people do sell their 8 series and pick up a 9 series, and now they pull of this... more 9 series cards, to make people upgrade their new 9 600/9800 cards or are they scared that the HD4870X2 is going to be good and are just going to kill it before it comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom