*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06 Top List

open up core temp and see what your VID is....

I will when I get a chance to get on her, hopefully tonight.

i could easaly ru na suicide run at 4.0, im at 3.7 now and im lapping and liquid cooling.

I don't think you should worry about temps dude. Mines not even lapped and when I can boot at 3.8ghz I'm still running in the 30's across all cores after idleing and opening up apps for 5 minutes. And if I didn't lap mine and can run that cool, I'm sure you'll be more then fine.

Lapping isnt required. But in some cases it is. My temps were horrible on 2 cores until i lapped. But there really is 0 reason to run at 4ghz daily. I have found that anything over 3ghz really isnt needed. Heck i'm actually back to running stock 2.4ghz for daily usage just to save a bit of electricity.

Wow I never realized how much my cards were bottlenecked by my E6300 @ 3.3ghz....

Not sure how to put my gpus in this format as they are different models and running different clocks. I'll just take the average clocks for now....

16,729 | gurusan | [*COLOR=blue]E6750 @ 3.76GHz[/color] | [*COLOR=Red]HD3850/70 CrossfireX @ 823/1102[/color] | Server '08 32bit [*http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=6031895]ORB[/url]

wooot!!!

3dmxo4.png

I thought crossfire made it so that both cards ran at the clock speed of the slower card?

I thought crossfire made it so that both cards ran at the clock speed of the slower card?

I think that's the beauty of CrossfireX. Each card has it's separate clock control, so the slower one, doesn't drag the faster.

I think that's the beauty of CrossfireX. Each card has it's separate clock control, so the slower one, doesn't drag the faster.

yep unlike stupid SLI where it scales close to the closest card and you can't SLI different GPUs :(

what was your score before the OC on the e6300?

3DMark Score 14186 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 6327
SM 3.0 Score 7734
CPU Score 2711

That's when alternate frame rendering is implemented (AFR)...when crossfire is working properly it uses tile-based rendering which can have differnet clockspeeds and stuff.

I wonder what you would have gotten with your q6600

3DMark Score 14186 3DMarks
SM 2.0 Score 6327
SM 3.0 Score 7734
CPU Score 2711

That's when alternate frame rendering is implemented (AFR)...when crossfire is working properly it uses tile-based rendering which can have differnet clockspeeds and stuff.

holy wow. that is impressive. and really cool about xfire. I can't wait to get xfire on my board..

Back
Top Bottom