buying Computer 2nd hand. Is this woth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melioz

Baseband Member
AMD Athlon FX-62 CPU
Asus M2N32 Deluxe w/ wifi SLI motherboard
2 X BFG 8800 GT 512mb GPUs
2Gb OCZ gold memory (pretty sure its 5300 or 6400, ial have to ask)
Thermaltake V1 heatsink
500gb Seagate barracuda hard drive
OCZ GameXtreme 700 watt power supply
DVD writer

1200 Canadian dollars. I have been doing research for day on the system, one key thing i came across was the processor was expensive at 700 dollars by itself.
Also been pricing similar system new and i keep coming up with numbers upwards of 2k =(.
ImageShack - Hosting :: insidedc4.jpg

Witch one would that be? I am keep my options open and would build my own, if it were more cost efficient.

I think you should not buy that also FX-62's used to be $700 but its not anymore, I've seen them on Newegg.com for $180 at one point

but for $1200 you could get these of NCIX.com

q6600 G0
Xigmatech Rifle cooler
2gb Crucial Ballistix kit
750i
9600gt's SLI
Case, HD, Monitor, Optical Drives

Hmm, this is making me think about building my own system. I cant figure out why this processor is so expensive.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18452&vpn=ADAFX62CSBOX&manufacture=AMD

Anyways, ial keep that processor in mind that you linked in building my own system. I have done enough research to tell what type of Mobo/ram/power supply to go with those two processors, but the rig i have is not not sli but rather a single 8800gts 320 meg. I need to figure out what a nice combo video card for a 780 sli mobo would be. there are so many **** cards out there and prices are up and down without any visible differences. a suggestion on a decent pair would be great. Thanks for all your help so far bud.

*edit*
Ty vernong, you got to my question before i even posted it =)

8800gts 320 or 640mb is outdated, the 8800gt beats it and the 8800gts g92 512mb/1gb beats both (can also beat 8800gtx with a minor OC, probably could also beat the 9800gtx with an overclock too)

FX-62 is expensive because its part of AMD's Extreme Editions because of their unlocked Multipliers, but an e6420 could beat an FX-62 pretty easily

9600gt's running is in sli would give me some decent frame rates in such games as cod4/crysis? Its weird how the nvidea series works man. I hear from some that 8800's run faster than 9 series? To me a moderate comp newb that makes no sence =P

it does, its just that some of the High end cards own their mainstream cards, but what can you expect from $160 cards right

the 8800gt's individually are faster than the 9600gt's individually, but SLI them and the 9600gt's dominate because nVidia worked on their drivers and scaling and it performs darned well too

[H] Enthusiast - BFGTech 9600 GT OC in SLI vs. GeForce 8800 GTX

check that it shows how the 9600gt's in SLI performs against an 8800gtx

Yeah, i do have a few extra bucks 1500 or so, and if i was willing to fork out a extra few, wouldn't two 8800 gt Oc in sli run better? Forgive me if i am wrong >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom