I May Have A Heart Attack Unless Someone Can Help Me

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it was never wiped then the files are still there. you could either put the drive in your new computer as a second hard drive and access them that way, or a better idea would be to put the drive in an external enclusure and access them that way. With an external, you could even use your laptop to access them, as it would use a USB to connect.

Here's a good one on Newegg, and it is even on sale right now:
Newegg.com - VANTEC Nexstar 3 NST-360U2-RD Aluminum 3.5" USB 2.0 External Enclosure - Retail

you can also boot with the erd commander cd and tranfer it to a usb or another hard drive. if you didn't wipe it, the files are still there

Problem is, Eric, the PC is dead (or at least not worth salvaging).

I do agree that ERD Commander is an awesome tool, though. I don't use it much, buit when I do it gets the job done.

Problem is, Eric, the PC is dead (or at least not worth salvaging).

I do agree that ERD Commander is an awesome tool, though. I don't use it much, buit when I do it gets the job done.

OKAY HOW DO I DO A ERD COMMANDER. I AM WILLING TO TRY ANYTHING AT THIS POINT.

THANKS

ERD Commander is not free if obtained legally. It is not something that an average user would have or even have access to.

ERD Commander is produced by Winternals, which has been acquired by Microsoft. Except for buying a copy or resorting to illegal means, ERD commander is not available.

Hi everyone,

I got a new computer today, well it is not brand new but better than the one I have, I believe.

The place that I got it from, the man passed away from cancer and his family gave me this computer for $50.00, I hope it was a good deal. It is a Dell Dimension 3000.

The only thing is, I can't get into the computer to find out what kind of memory or anything, there is an administrator log in and I don't have his password, I contacted his family and they said they have no idea.

What can I do to get past this before I go into reinstalling windows if it is not going to work.

Or would it be a best bet to transfer my old hard drive to this computer or the hard drive and memory card from new computer to my old one.

I am still at a loss here. I hope this $50 wasn't a waste.

Thanks

Just reinstall windows on the new computer.

Once thats complete you can add in the second hard drive to try and access your old files.

Tech specs: Documentation

Is it a BIOS password, or a Windows password? If it is a BIOS password, you can unplug the computer and then remove the CMOS battery from the motherboard for a few seconds to clear it. If it is a Windows Admin password, go here:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-password-reset-disks-tools-etc-57458/

it's looks like a windows password. if it is a bios password on that dell (I have a dimension 3000 right here that I fixed last night) just remove the jumper that look like a cmos jumper and turn on the computer. it's the clear password jumper. on dells taking out the battery doesn't work. it does on other computers though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom