Im back and need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't really recommend the 8800GTX.. what's the point? Just get the 8800GT like everyone else, and spend the extra money on some more RAM or something.

if he's playing on higher resolutions or with more AA, then the GTX trumps most cards (besides the 9800's)

Ok yeah, fair enough. But is it REALLY worth nearly double the price? Why not SLI the GT's or something.

Rather then the gtx, get the 8800 gts g92 which when overclocked is supposed to be an 8800 gtx.

But there is nothing wrong with the 8800 gtx, nos is thinking of actually going back to 8800 gtx sli.

Looking over my wish list again, it seems the MB was removed (it was a gigabyte), so I guess it's no longer sold. So the MB is up for suggestions. Im looking over all your suggestions and will have a new list soon. Thanks for all the help, and keep it coming! :)

For the MB suggestions, would like to keep sli an option, so one with 2 or more pcie x16 slots. Would like one that also overclocks well. The best of the best, don't care about prices. Also, is vista any better than xp since a year ago? Does it support and handle most games now, etc... ? For the hard drives, is a raptor worth it? For the case I listed, it does have good air flow?

680i A1 (really pricey though or any 680i boards except the LT)
750i
780i (also really pricey, theres also 790i, which is even more crazy pricey)

i would go with a 680i mobo over that, or even a 780i...u will have to spend more one the ram if u get that so by getting that you will be spending about 250 more then you need to...

yes but he is running a q6600, that would run fine on a 680i or 780i, unless he plans to upgrade the cpu in a while he should stick with one of those...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom