Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Modular means you can take cables off of the PSU that you don't want on there/you don't need. Non-modular just has all of the cables attached (and can be more of a pain for wiremanagement).

Yes, that kit will only cool the cpu.

It says so in several places...

And modular is overrated, last time I had one, I used all the cab;es it came with o_O

Tomorrow if I have time, I am gonna break apart my 5 year old desktop and put it back together to practice. I got some questions: Any warnings? When I remove the heatsink from the CPU, should I remove the thermal grease since it is old but I dont have new thermal grease.

i wouldent touch the cpu just for that reason. Take out everything, but leave the heatsink on the cpu and attached to the motherboard. id reccomend taking some pictures of it so if you get lost you can see where it was plugged in

yeah yeah i know i said i was done with this thread but it is good practice to remove you psu then put it back in (take all the cables out and the psu and put them back in) putting a mobo in isn't hard so there is no reason to practice doing that.

yeah yeah i know i said i was done with this thread but it is good practice to remove you psu then put it back in (take all the cables out and the psu and put them back in) putting a mobo in isn't hard so there is no reason to practice doing that.

lol ty

where are you buying the stacker from?

i dont know yet i wont be buying the hardware until the Q6700 is around Q6600 price range which might be the end of april.

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Intel Desktop, Mobile & Server CPU Price Cut Schedule

Should I go with a 500GB or 750GB 7200.11? Maybe 2 and RAID when I need it

ehh raid is over rated imo. do you have lots of media? unless you do some serious torrenting, a 500 will do you more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom