Dual Boot XP + Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Success!!!

Windows Vista loaded and booted up just fne.
I have a WEI score of 4.3 based on my graphics card.
Haven't tried to boot XP yet.

First Impressions: Fast. Smooth. Easy to work with.
No sound installed. ECS has all other Vista drivers except for sound, but the internet won't fail me.
Took me 1 hour to load Vista (including my first Vista crash during installation)
Overall system font is weird, as in new to me. Aero works nicely without lag.
It is using 577MB of memory which is labeled at 56%. CPU usage idles at 0%.

Yes they use Segoe UI and Calabri for the system fonts now. Much different than the XP fonts.

This is starting to get annoying. Vista is freezing every once in a while and it becomes unresponsive. It forces me to have to restart. What might be a cause of that?

Bad drivers? Overheating? Clogging of the CPU by trying to do to much?

Could be the video drivers as well. I know that my 8600GT drivers has crashed on me several times already in Vista. ATi drivers are not that much better. So it could be those. Check the Event Viewer.

Well, it was fun while it lasted. I had to delete Vista due to frequent crashes. It was a great couple days and I really enjoyed Vista. Hopefully, they can make it better so that I can run it well in the future.

Peter. IT is as good as it is going to get. Considering it runs on several million PC's. I wouldnt blame the OS. :p

I told you from teh start that the RAM might hinder you. Plus it looks like you OC. Vista doesnt like OC.

Sorry it didnt work out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom