memory suggestions please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok what about in a few years when ddr3 becomes more common than ddr2. I dont want to build another computer then, i want to build one now and just upgrade later.

what do you plan on using your pc for? An x38 board and ddr2 ram is gonna serve you proper for awhile. Unless you plan on breaking world records.

lol take it from us...many of us bought ddr2 kits for 300 bucks for 2gb....
then in less than a year the same kit was 40 bucks.
with what you spend on the RAM now...you can keep that for now and upgrade when neccessary LATER...ie a ddr3 mobo and ddr3 ram...when prices are not so steep and ddr3 actually shows benefit over ddr2. 'cos it doesn't right now.

So If I buy a good DDR2 mobo and some good DDR2 memory then you think I will have just as good performance and can upgrade them later and save?

Im using it for rendering mostly. The savings would allow me to extend my GPU budget and maybe get a nice FireGL for my cad work......I guess I should consider that.

So If I buy a good DDR2 mobo and some good DDR2 memory then you think I will have just as good performance and can upgrade them later and save?

Im using it for rendering mostly. The savings would allow me to extend my GPU budget and maybe get a nice FireGL for my cad work......I guess I should consider that.

exaaaaaaaaactly. it will have very close performance.
gpu is important, and you will notice a good graphics card WAY more than you will notice ddr3 ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom