tv for moniter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanWhitell

In Runtime
i dont know what tv to buy but i want in the 36-46 inch range that i could hook up to my video card and use for a moniter, also play xbox and wii on it. also i want to keep my moniter i have now and mabe hook it up also, what are the advantages of using 2 moniters, also how would i hook it up moniter? through dvi? and tv through vga? would that work? what are the performance differences beetween dvi and vga.

im using a 42 inch sceptre hdtv. get 1080p. attach it with a dvi to hdmi cable. Runs beautfully. Make sure its 1920x1080 monitor res

Also make sure its a LCD tv and not a plasma. Plasma can still have imgages burnt into them. Your vid card will have two DVI outputs, one for your tv(HDMI to DVI) and one for your monitor. Just make sure its a 1080p Tv or it wont be worth it, trust me.

yea, i had a 720p at first, sold iwthin a week, lost a hundred bucks learning that. 1080p looks oh so sweet! at microcenter got a 1080p 42inch lcd sceptre for 999. people say sceptre sucks, but this one is wonderful once i tuned the colors and brightness

You should probably take into account how far away you are going to be from the TV for the resolution. I found on my 1080p TV the words were much too small while surfing the net unless I was 6 or closer feet on a 42". For my htpc I have it connected to a 720p 42" so I can use itunes or whatever without having to get closer to the screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom