Can I output Video TO my laptop screen ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

illnastyimpreza

In Runtime
I found a great deal on a Carputer. It just needs a screen.

Can I output video from the carputer to my current older Laptop ???

if not, what would be required in order to do so ???

^ no no... like output the video source FROM my carputer to the screen on my laptop.... I would probably take the actualy laptop screen off the laptop

Yes, you can. Buy a TV tuner card. They genereally come in USB, PC card, and ExpressCard formats. USB is usually cheapest. They often include dongles so you can accept video from a number of formats (just verify that it supports the connector type from your carputer, or that you can get an adapter for it).

hes talking about detaching the screen from the laptop and ditching the base, being left with the lcd part of it, and using that as a screen so he can view what is going on with the carputer (essentially a pc installed in a car)

it is possible, but it is much easier and cheaper to get like a 10" lcd. you would have to get (or make) an adapter board, plus rig up a power assembly do light the backlight. just find something with vga or component inputs, or if all else fails, get one with an svideo or composite input and grab a video card for the carputer that has a svideo/composite output on it.

Carputer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FAQ: Using a Laptop LCD as Your Car PC Screen - MP3Car.com

those are some links with some info and tips

and here is something that would be considered high-end, this is the easy way out:

Amazon.com: Lilliput 10.4" CAR Pc Touch Screen Lcd Monitor Terminals: Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom