time for me to lap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
who, me? I'm not lapping my cpu this time...I bought it to polish off the bottom of my Xigmatek cooler because it's a bit rough.

It's my 4th kit because I used one on a waterblock, lapped a e6300, lapped 2 q6600s, lapped a e6400, and now I'm going to lap the Xigmatek.

Hey whaddya know it's my 6th kit lol

yeah I usually lap my CPU if it's the OEM cpu without the box/hsf.....otherwise I will just leave it because the resale value is always a bit more when its boxed with the unused HSF.

I've got an e6750 coming boxed with HSF so no need to lap that one :)

well i wana lapp it and il be water coolign but ya im going to lap my tuniq. do i really need to have thwe mirror finish wouldnt it drop my temps just from removing the tin on the chip, liek i was thinking to do a lilte now with the 400 down to the cooper then when i get the finer grade papaers i would finish it.

Read up on lapping before you even consider doing it.

And as stated previously the only sandpaper you've got thats even worse using is the 400 grit stuff.

Most home improvement stores only stock up to 600grit so go to a car parts store, along the lines of a Kragen in the US

Well, the higher the grit, the shallower the scratches the sandpaper causes and the shallower the scratches the smoother the base, and the smoother the base the better heat transfer can be achieved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom