8800gt and thermal paste..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah clean all that paste up over the GPU, then just put enough to cover the GPU die itself.

As for the ramsinks, just leave the thermal pads. They are effective enough and you will gain nothing by putting AS5 on them.

is it best to just apply a pea sized dot of AC5 in the middle of the GPU and then apply the heatsink? (Im about to install a HR-03)

definitely doesn't take much to cover it. Not like how the factory had it. Does the thermalright come w/ ram heatsinks or anything?

Pea sized on a gpu core might be a tad too much.

I would probably put something like a grain of rice sized.

Unless of course your talking about a g80 chip, in which case a pea sized might be more suited to the large ihs.

I just got my HR-03 in the mail and I think I am going to install it today

So I should do slightly less then the pea size? and then just press the piece to it right, i dont have to spread it my self or anything do i?

Also they send RAM sinks that have this sticky peel of tape from them, do i need to use the paste they sent as well as the sticky peel for the ram sinks?

1 last question, whats the best way to clean the top of the gpu ram things, coffee filter and some isopro?

Spreading it out doesn't hurt.

No if they have thermal tape, dont put thermal paste on them... otherwise they won't stick

You got it.

yea I just reread the instructions some more, I just have to clean the surfaces and then peel em off and stick, easy enough

Is 93% iso fine? Ive heard some ppl say use a specific kind but others just say they whiped it on their shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom