VIA/S3G UnChrome Pro IGP resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

Hawk12online

SORRY: The title should read UniChrome - my bad.

In my old desktop PC, there are VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro integrated graphics. I got a 24" monitor today (with a native resoution of 1920x1200) although my graphics card is not allowing me to use this resolution.

It gives me the choice between 1800x1200 (which looks stretched) or 1920x1440 (which the monitor says is 'out of range'.

I have downloaded all drivers I could find and none feature the resolution I require (1920x1200). I am just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or if anybody knows of any drivers that feature this resolution.

Before someone says, changing my graphics card isn't an option.

Thanks

Huh...I mean Unichrome is pretty weak so I suppose it just might not support that resolution but even I find that a tad hard to believe. I know that you can hack drivers to add a custom resolution. I've seen that done with Nvidia drivers when trying to use desktop drivers on a laptop chipset but I've never done it myself. Maybe you can do this for your Unichrome drivers.

Hmmm, they are poor - but as I say its an old system.

I am not too experienced with hacking any type of drivers, if anyone has any knowledge on the subject, I will be very grateful to hear from you.

Many thanks :)

Google might be your best friend here. I don't know how to do that. I don't think it's very hard for nVidia drivers because they're so well designed but I have no idea about Unichrome.

I agree. Google was my first port of call - and it failed me...

The first 5 or so pages didn't offer a driver download, just lots of people posting on lots of different forums about the same problem as me.

As for modifying the driver to a custom resolution - apparently it can't be done on a Unichrome driver. Never mind...

Ah well, I guess i'll stick with this resolution - I'm getting a new PC with an nVidia GeForce 8600GT 1024MB graphics card, which I have checked supports my desired resolution.

Yeah I looked too and I couldn't find anything either. Strange but then again VIA was never really good like that so I'm not too surprised. Oh well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom