Biostar Onboard video w/ 400Mhz DDR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3kgt

Beta member
I just ordered some parts to build a cheap internet computer. I bought a Biostar M7NCG-400 motherboard, AMD XO 2400+, and 256MB of PC3200 DIMM ram (400Mhz)..

My QUESTION:

The onboard video (Geforce4 MX440) is only compatible with 266Mhz or 333Mhz memory. I didnt realize that until after I bought the 400Mhz memory. Is there a way for me to make the 400Mhz memory run at 333Mhz so that I can use the onboard video card?

Thanks in advance,
Joe

No, i dont think so. You just cant do that, but somebody correct me if im wrong... Are there any jumpers, i know on old machines u can make it 100MHZ instead of 133MHZ.... Gd luck

Dang... I was hoping there would be a setting in the bios for memory speed. Hmm.... so basically I have to buy new 333Mhz RAM or an AGS video card. That sucks....

pointless maybe, but also cheaper. I already have a beefy system for games... the only thing this new computer will be used for is XBconnect XBOX tunnel software and MSN messenger. :)

Its suppose to be a budget machine... so now I need to find either a cheaper AGP card or 333Mhz memory. Whatever is cheapest I will buy.

Thanks for the help everyone.

If anybody has anything else to add to the thread, please feel free.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom