Custom-Built Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.
How far can he overclock that rig anyway? is he going to the best score of all time??? I don't understand why he would need to use watercooling.. the freakin quad core can't be slowed down! get it to 3.5GHz on air and leave it..and if he wants to do all that why not get a faster processor?

I told you also ..... >.<

Forget the watercooling trust me.. a TRUE is all you need honestly...

if you have extra money upgrade your hardware instead of getting watercooling I have been where you are.. everyone has.

im not planning on upgrading any time soon if my first computer is still working like it was bought and it is almost 5 years old and i didnt change any hardware. I only upgrade it from XP Home Edition to XP Pro SP2.

For those that want to see my first computer here it is: HP Pavilion a375c Desktop PC -  Product Specifications 

I just need a new computer because i am currently learning so much things about computers that i need a faster one and i am soon gonna try to find a computer training school to advance my computer knowledge like graphics, office applications, programming, ect so I can get a well paying job after i go to college.

I will be having plenty of money since i am currently using 8 computers and planning to sell most of them to buy this one and right now i got like 3k from christmas, new year, birthday, 3 kings (all in less than 1 month) and chinese new year (yes i am half chinese)

i am also thinking about the sound card since i currently have a Intergrated AC'97 and i like the audio

and also thanks for finding that Q6700, i am gonna buy that if the price stays like that it will be easier to overclock 10x multiplier

no nothing will be bottlenecked by it but you are still gaining speed by ocing it.... with water cooling you could prob run that at 3.8 every day (maybe aspire can confirm that)...a true can get it to 3.6 (for everyday) lapping it wouldn't allow it to oc any farther so there is no need for it (referring to when noclue said he could get it to 3.8 with it lapped)

Again.. for the Q6700 and your budget water cooling isnt for you and it will not help you much.

It is a QUAD CORE meaning it is the fastest thing you can think of and will have no problem on earth running any application you throw at it...

I am going to college classes "dual enrollment" while going to high school - they are programming classes and am going to take a Microsoft Certification class soon..

If you want to elarn some things I hope you stick around these forums and learn from the basics as all of us do every day here. :)

If you want to learn some programming skills I may be able to help you there.

and no problem on the help with that Q6700.. I am glad to see you already know what a 10x multiplier is.. must be the Chinese half, lol :)

also I bet you didn't know Microsoft is giving away free downloads of Visual Basic Express?

Link: Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition Products

Again.. for the Q6700 and your budget water cooling isnt for you and it will not help you much.

It is a QUAD CORE meaning it is the fastest thing you can think of and will have no problem on earth running any application you throw at it...

I am going to college classes "dual enrollment" while going to high school - they are programming classes and am going to take a Microsoft Certification class soon..

If you want to elarn some things I hope you stick around these forums and learn from the basics as all of us do every day here. :)

and no problem on the help with that Q6700.. I am glad to see you already know what a 10x multiplier is.. must be the Chinese half, lol :)

also I bet you didn't know Microsoft is giving away free downloads of the newest version of Visual Basic Express for a limited time?

what the heck are u talking about...what does ur classes have to do with anything..and why would he want visual basic.

also I bet you didn't know Microsoft is giving away free downloads of the newest version of Visual Basic Express for a limited time?

im hoping a can get an extreme edition when i sell most of my stuff cz im moving from Puerto Rico to Texas

and hope i can get colder temp since i currently live in the caribbean which i currently get 70s-80s F

i havent code for some time and i didnt know that i currently learning C# which is a bad way to learn. I should start off with HTML or Visual Basic.
Should I go download it?

HTML is one of the easiest languages ever... and Visual Basic is easy.. if you want to program as a hobby.. QBasic is fun :)

Click the link I provided and download everything you can get, lol

Other note: I was born in Texas :rolleyes:

Also in reply to Luke:

I just need a new computer because i am currently learning so much things about computers that i need a faster one and i am soon gonna try to find a computer training school to advance my computer knowledge like graphics, office applications, programming, ect so I can get a well paying job after i go to college.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom