Windows Vista Ultimate OEM Vs. Retail Box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. This is the places like Dell and Hp. This is the type of software that comes pre-installed on the machines you buy pre-built. The license can be used to be activated on 1 machine.

Retail is what you buy in stores. It can be used to activate on 3 different machines. But only 1 can be active on the Internet at any given time to be legal.

OEM is original equipment manufacture which means they just sell the CD to you along with the key. Retail box means it comes in a nice box and many some papers. Both are the same, except OEM is cheaper because they are just selling the product and you can only activate on one computer.

P.S. Mak: You got OEM wrong ;)

So, in the event that over a span a few years later, if I choose to completely reformat my hd and re-install later with the OEM disc, will I be facing any activation problems ?

So, in the event that over a span a few years later, if I choose to completely reformat my hd and re-install later with the OEM disc, will I be facing any activation problems ?

Nope. Just call Microsoft, tell them you had to reformat and you used it on one computer and the activation will be fine

Yeah so i posted OME not OEM. :p

Also it isnt technically bad. It is illegal as it does break the EULA and license agreement with Microsoft.

No i didnt get OEM wrong. I just didnt add the info about it not having the box or anythign with it. That is the true meaning of OEM that i posted. ;)

Also it isnt technically bad. It is illegal as it does break the EULA and license agreement with Microsoft.

I mentioned it on the other thread, your wording is wrong, not the explaination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom